S2 πDrive® Drill
We have a strong legacy of innovation in electric power equipment for the operating room—and we’re committed to building on it every day. The S2 πDrive Drill embodies the power of collaboration in designing instruments that deliver more for you and your patients.
Over the course of four years, we’ve developed and tested the S2 πDrive Drill in partnership with 60 leading otolaryngologists around the world. The result is a high speed drill that’s become the definition of precision and an invaluable tool in improving efficiency and results.
Click on image to zoom in
Features and benefits
- Enhancements based on more than 25 years of high speed motor innovation
- Redesigned πDrive Motor for greater efficiency and longer run time
- Advanced technology and materials
- Enhanced ergonomics: shorter, lighter hand piece with a more flexible cord
- Increased maneuverability, optimal for working under a microscope
- Straight and angled attachments—with and without irrigation
- 52 new burs customized for otolaryngology
- Burs that lock into drill for greater stability
- Irrigation that locks onto attachment for stable, non-slip position
- Part of our CORE system for unified OR operations
Burs optimized for otolaryngology
Incorporating ideas and input from surgeons worldwide, we’ve worked with clinicians to design 52 burs that deliver the performance and versatility ENT procedures demand.
This innovative family includes diamond grit, traditional fluted and state-of-the-art 2Flute cutting technology.
- Rim glide technology
- Rapid, smooth, bone dissection
- Latest advance in round cutting burs
Precision round 2Flute 1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.0 mm, 7.5 mm
Extended fine diamond 0.5 mm, 0.7 mm, 1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.0 mm
Extended precision round 2Flute 0.5mm, 0.7 mm, 1.0mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm
Diamond 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.0 mm, 3.5 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.0 mm
Round fluted 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.0 mm
Extended diamond 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm
Extended round fluted 3.0 mm
Coarse diamond 2.0 mm 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.0 mm
Fine Diamond 1.0mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, 6.0 mm
Extended coarse diamond 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm
Compatible with CORE — our integrated OR system
The S2 πDrive Drill is just one of the innovative products in our Consolidated Operating Room Equipment—CORE—System. CORE combines our latest software and drill motor technologies to create an integrated surgical system that delivers optimal performance for you and your patients.
Everything’s driven from the powerful, convenient CORE Console. A major advance in performance and comfort, the CORE Console can be tailored to individual preferences and processes. Learn more about the CORE Console and CORE System.
Features and benefits
- Consolidation of powered hand pieces across surgical specialties
- Connectivity of up to three hand pieces and two foot pedals
- Ability to run two hand pieces simultaneously
- Customized profiles for each physician—including motor characteristics and feel
- Fully adjustable, integrated irrigation
- Easy setup for OR staff
- Streamlined source of OR power