When you need to handle tough tasks quickly and efficiently, our πdrive+ Motor delivers. At its max speed of 75K RPMs, πdrive+ gives you 60 percent more power and 242 percent more torque than our companion πdrive Motor.
The πdrive+ Motor design builds upon our breakthrough πdrive design that re-imagined how electric motors work. We replaced the nonfunctioning steel core in conventional motors with magnets in a “pie” configuration that use space more efficiently and reduce the size of the overall housing. Instead of traditional round wiring looped around the core, we’ve used flat wiring that completely encases it. The result is a light, powerful motor that runs long and stays cool.
Click on image to zoom in
Features and benefits
- 60 percent more powerful than the πdrive Motor
- 242 percent more torque at max speed of 75K RPMs
- 34 percent lighter than our high-performance Sumex Drill
- 245 percent more volumetric optimization than Sumex
- Low-friction coating that reduces friction and the collection of debris
- Optional motor extender for enhanced grip options and ergonomics
- Detachable handswitch
- Powered by the CORE Console for unified OR operations
- Highly tunable to the surgeon’s touch through our exclusive I.D. Touch technology
- Works with the industry’s most comprehensive lineup of Elite, Footed, Heavy Duty and MIS attachments and cutting accessories—including tapered and telescoping options for optimal sightlines.
Compatible with CORE— our integrated OR solution
The πdrive+ Motor is just one of the innovative products in our Consolidated Operating Room Equipment—CORE—System. CORE combines our latest software and drill motor technologies to create an integrated surgical system that delivers optimal performance for you and your patients.
Everything’s driven from the powerful, convenient CORE Console. A major advance in performance and comfort, the CORE Console can be tailored to individual preferences and processes. Learn more about the CORE Console and CORE System.
I.D. Touch Software
A difference you can feel
An intuitive touch is one of a surgeon’s greatest assets—and our exclusive I.D. Touch Software gives you even more nuanced control. Integrated into our CORE Console power source, I.D. Touch Software lets you adjust torque from 0 percent to 100 percent.
The result is instrumentation that responds perfectly to the exact pressure you prefer. Once you’ve set your preferences, they’re saved permanently. Your instruments will perform to your specifications—every patient, every procedure.